With the wintery grey skies starting to roll in I took a peak into how to brighten up your glow with a beautiful rainbow of violet, navy and plum makeup colors at the L’Oreal Launch of Melbourne’s biggest Fashion Festival.
The 2013 L’Oréal Paris Luncheon launches L’Oréal‘s Melbourne Fashion Festival –‘ LMFF’ as its known in the Social Media world – and its one of my favorite lunches of the year.
Fashion and beauty royalty all come out to play for what really is the ultimate girls catch up – with the odd male Department CEO, Marketing Director and Fashion Designer thrown into break up the skirts and heels .
Joining me among the line up of VIP Festival guests were L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival Chair, Laura Anderson, L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival CEO, Graeme Lewsey and various Australian personalities including ‘Today Tonights’ Helen Kapalos, ‘The Projects’ Magdalena Roze, Fashion Blogger Nadia Coppolino and Khaftan Designer Camilla Frank to mention a few.
This year’s special International guest was L’Oreal Paris ambassador, Hungarian supermodel Barbara Palvin joined by Australian ambassador Megan Gale, who hosted the exclusive event for the first time wearing a Black and Purple Dion Lee dress.
The sought after invitation-only Luncheon held at Maia at the Docklands was a hype of excitement with over 200 guests in attendance celebrating and adding a touch of International Glamour and Style to the day. 14 models showcased this season’s hair and make-up looks and seasonal trends that highlighted L’Oréal Paris Runways.
With brief welcomes and introductions done via the Runway stage we were informed L’Oreal Paris Australia’s make-up director Rae Morrisand her team of 30 hair and makeup stylists would stack up more than 2000 hours preparing all the models backstage for their shows by the end of the week.
Rae shared her top makeup tips and inspiration for her style creations explaining, ‘The Runway look for the season was dual colors, think old school glam meets classic – think Audrey Hepburn .
Rae’s Makeup Tips
- Always apply concealer after foundation – Otherwise the concealer will move as you apply your foundation.
- Mascara – always apply two coat – one is never enough! Applying mascara to the top lashes will give more of a cat-eye effect, mascara on both top and bottom lashes will make eyes appear more rounded.
- To achieve perfect smokey sultry eyes – the number one rule is to keep the colour as close to the lash line as possible and blend well… adding lots of mascara to finish. Smoky eyes can be done with any colour, browns, purples, greens and blues can look great so get creative.
- Go Plum – Plum Lipstick is this seasons must have lip color – it’s cool and warm coloring means it suits most hair colors and skin tones.
- Eyeliner Tip – to get the perfect eyeliner flick off the corner of your eye use sticky tape as a stencil to pinpoint exactly where to draw your angle. Draw your eyeliner flick then peel away the sticky tape to reveal a straight even line.
Tip – You can also do this for a perfect winged shadow.
Repeat the steps above by placing the tape at the same angle, then applying the eye shadow and smoking it out to a wing, then peel off the tape.
To get this seasons Opulent Screen Siren Eyes:
- Violet under lower lash line
- Navy on the eyelid – Smokiness in the lashline
- Orange Gold on the inner corners of eyelids
- 2 Lashings of Mascara Opulent Glamour
The L’Oreal Paris Look was achieved using:
- L’Oreal Paris colour Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow in Disco Smoking above and below the eye.
- L’Oreal Paris Superliner Gel Eyeliner in Black
- L’Oreal Lash architect 4D in Black Lacquer
- Lips – 2 coats – L’Oreal Paris Color Richie Lipstick in 378 Velvet Rose
Tania Zaetta Tv Host & Actress – Natural Beauty Therapist – Beauty & Fitness Lover – Wellness Devotee
[tzsubform]‘Love this Article – Lets stay in touch’ – Tania
TZ Newsletter & Updates